Happy Monday. There are only six more sleeps until Christmas, I have a short four-day week of work, school is out, and it snowed in Arkansas this weekend. I wanted to share another quick go-to look for winter with a lot of layering pieces. Another infinity scarf and this olive green anorak jacket have been on repeat in my wardrobe lately and it is because they are so easy to pair with jeans or leggings and an oversized sweater. Throw on my coat and some booties and I am out the door. I usually lean towards outfits that I can wear to run errands and then head out to dinner or game night with friends in and this look is easy and comfortable for both settings! You can shop the entire look by clicking any of the images below.
I also wanted to share my favorite chicken and dumplings recipe since we are finally seeing below freezing weather coming around everywhere. This meal is perfect because I throw it in the crockpot before I go to work in the morning and finish it up when I get home to eat an hour later. I made this yesterday while we wrapped presents and finished decorating and the crockpot was emptied within minutes with everyone asking why we didn’t double the recipe.
Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 4 (10.5 oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. onion powder
- 2 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 12 Grands flaky refrigerator biscuits
- Place chicken in crockpot
- Put butter, cream of chicken, and chicken broth on top of the chicken
- Add the onion powder and dried parsley
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours (or on high for 4-5 hours)
- Shred the chicken and put it back in the crockpot
- Cut each biscuit into nine pieces ( I normally just pull apart each biscuit as I put them in the soup)
- Cover back up and cook on high for another hour
*recipe was originally from AllRecipes which can be found here.
I hope you have a great rest of the week and holiday weekend. Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today. I truly appreciate it.